Undergraduate Research Program
The Center currently invites applicants for the 2018 Summer Undergraduate Research Program. This program provides undergraduate students the opportunity to conduct research in preclinical and clinical laboratories at the MPRC and other laboratories of the Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine in Baltimore.
In addition to a mentored hands-on research experience, students will participate in a didactic lecture series, research and ethics discussions with faculty, literature journal club, a career development seminar, and a Scholars’ Research Day at the end of the summer. Throughout the summer, students will work and interact with various faculty, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and research assistants while gaining experience in preclinical and/or clinical research. Students will enhance their independent thinking and develop communication and presentation skills necessary to becoming a successful scientist.
- Summer scholars will receive a stipend for a 10-week commitment (May 29 - August 3)
- On-campus housing is available at the University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) dormitory
- Students with undergraduate student status during the program dates
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Ideal candidates have a strong interest in pursuing a graduate degree
- The University of Maryland, Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Ana Pocivavsek, Ph.D.
Submission deadline for all application materials: February 15, 2018.
2015 Research Scholars
2014 Research Scholars